Hub @ Home Brew Guide
The design of this pour-over drip system allows for increased airflow, which opens up the aromatics of the coffee and increases body in the finished cup. The V60 is a quick, convenient, and consistent way to brew by the cup at home!
- V60 Dripper
- V60 paper filter
- Gram scale
- Water kettle
- 22g freshly ground Hub coffee, at medium/fine grind
- 400ml water at 200 degrees F (about 30 sec off a fresh boil)
- 12oz or larger cup or carafe that dripper can sit on (we recommend the Hario range server or drip station set up)
1. Set up a brewing station with dripper on top of cup/carafe all sitting on the scale.
2. Place filter in dripper and rinse with hot water. Empty rinse water from cup/carafe.
3. Dose coffee, grind, and place in bottom of filter. Tap or shake gently to evenly distribute grounds.
4. Using a spoon or your finger, create a divot in center of coffee. Tare scale.
5. Simultaneously start timer and begin gently pouring water into center of divot. Water should spread from divot to saturate all grounds using 60-70 grams.
6. Stop pouring and let coffee bloom, or degas, until bubbles subside (around 30 sec).
7. Begin pouring again in a gentle pattern of concentric circles until cone is ½ to 2/3 full.
8. Pour continuously in center of cone, keeping flow rate steady and water level consistent. You should reach 360-370 grams by 2 minutes.
9. Stop pouring and allow extraction to finish. All or most of the liquid should drip through by 2:30-2:45 minutes.
10. Remove cone and discard filter and grounds. Do not worry if there is still some water in the cone at 2:45; pull it anyway to avoid bitterness from over-extraction.
11. Serve and enjoy!